You’ve never done this before and you’re nervous as hell. You’ve heard all the horror stories about speed dating, and you don’t want to be the next one.
You’ve been to a few speed dating events before, but this is the first time you’re going to try it yourself.
You’re wondering what you should talk about to make sure you have a great speed dating experience.:
Here are some tips to help you make the most of your first-speed dating event
Relax and be yourself.
This is probably the most important thing to remember. Speed dating is all about making a good first impression, so you must relax and be yourself.
Don’t try to be someone you’re not.
This is related to the first point, but it’s worth repeating. You might be tempted to try and impress your date by pretending to be someone you’re not. But trust me, this will only backfire.You only have a short amount of time so don’t waste it.
Ask questions about your date.
One of the best ways to get to know someone is to ask questions about them. Try your best to avoid any serious questions. And with speed dating, you don’t have a lot of time to do that. So make sure you ask some good questions! Remember there are no perfect questions.
Find out what your date’s favorite thing is.
This is a great icebreaker question because it will give you some insight into what your date is passionate about.
Talk about your own favorite thing.
This is a great way to connect with your date and find out more about them. It will help you stick to interesting speed dating questions.
No one wants to date someone negative all the time. So make sure you keep things light and positive. Don’t be afraid to use funny speed dating questions at these events. This helps you with using good speed dating questions
Don’t talk about your ex.
This is a big no-no. Talking about your past relationships will only make you look bad and it will make your date uncomfortable. Speed dating is a lot more fun when you use flirty speed dating questions.
Avoid controversial topics.
You might be tempted to bring up a controversial topic on your first date, but resist the urge! This is not the time or the place. It will help to keep to asking fun speed dating questions.
Don’t talk about your personal life.
This is another big no-no. You don’t want to get too personal on a first date. Save that for later!
Listen more than you talk.
One of the best ways to get to know someone is to listen to them. So make sure you do more listening than talking.
Ask follow-up questions.
If you’re interested in what your date is saying, ask follow-up questions to keep the conversation going.
Make eye contact.
Eye contact is important, so make sure you’re looking at your date when they’re talking to you.
Smiling is a great way to show that you’re interested and engaged in the conversation.
You might not agree with everything your date says, but it’s important to be open-minded on a first date. You never know, you might just learn something new!
Avoid talking about yourself too much.
Yes, you want to get to know your date, but you don’t want to talk about yourself the whole time. Make sure you ask your date questions too! This helps with getting the right speed dating questions out.
Don’t monopolize the conversation.
This is related to the previous point. You don’t want to talk the whole time, so make sure you give your date a chance to speak. Ask your question as the conversation starter and sit back and listen.
Ask open-ended questions.
Open-ended questions are great because they encourage your date to keep talking. Avoid yes or no questions, and ask follow-up questions to keep the conversation going. Remember no perfect questions.
Be a good listener.
This is related to the previous two points. You want to make sure you’re listening more than you’re talking, and that you’re asking follow-up questions to keep the conversation going.
Avoid talking about exes, politics, or religion.
These are all topics that are best avoided on a first date. If you must talk about them, keep it light and positive.
Keep the conversation flowing.
One of the best ways to do this is to ask follow-up questions. If you’re interested in what your date is saying, ask a question to keep the conversation going.
This is the most important thing to remember. You want to relax and be yourself so that your date can get to know the real you.
Speed dating is all about meeting new people and having fun. So make sure you relax and enjoy yourself!
Here is my list of the 41 Best Speed Dating Questions To Ask A Guy
- What made you try speed dating?
- Who is your celebrity crush?
- Have you ever cried while watching a movie? If so, which one?
- Would you describe yourself as a party person?
- What’s been your dating experience?
- What do you do when you need some fun in your life?
- What was the most embarrassing thing to happen to you?
- What’s the worst film ever?
- How often do you exercise?
- When did you last change your bedding?
- What’s the most useless household item?
- Have you ever seen anything you couldn’t explain?
- What do you look for in a relationship?
- Does pineapple belong on a pizza?
- What would you do if you got stuck with me on an island?
- What things cost a lot of money but are worth it?
- What’s one thing you want to achieve during your life?
- Are you a thinker or a talker?
- What can you cook in 10 minutes?
- When was the last time you slept past midday?
- What do you look for in a long-term partner?
- Do you prefer to do the driving or be a passenger?
- What is the best thing that ever happened to you?
- Tell me about your favorite book?
- What is the best way to peel a boiled egg?
- What was your most embarrassing moment as a kid?
- What are the traffic rules you hate the most?
- Who is your favorite character on the show Walking Dead?
- If you had a time machine, what year would you travel to?
- Do you prefer country living or city life?
- What is the perfect way to cook pasta?
- What was the last CD you bought?
- What is the hardest thing you have overcome in your life?
- Tell me what is your favorite movie and why?
- What is your favorite ice cream?
- What is the worst thing about being single?
- Who is your favorite film director?
- What is your single best quality about you?
- What is your favorite animated character?
- What is your biggest fear?
- What is the last good idea you had?
The best speed dating questions to ask a guy include open-ended questions that encourage your date to keep talking. You also want to avoid yes or no questions, and ask follow-up questions to keep the conversation going. Remember to be yourself, relax, and have fun!